Where Shape With Strength Matters
In today’s fast paced world, one of the most important factors to be taken care is health. Medicine and health related jobs have some of the highest paying salaries in the world. You go to a doctor when not in the best of health, and take medicine. However, your ancestors have followed simple practices of leading normal and healthy lives. These practices or exercises are now referred to as alternative methods of healing. In this article, you will be given information on the five vital elements in the body which can promote a healthy life. This article also focuses on the alternative methods of healing such as Yoga, Ayurveda, Mudras and Aromatherapy.
If you are time-strapped to do exercises daily, there are some companies in Bangalore which provide doorstep services. You can hire the services of reputed yoga instructors in Bangalore to offer services at your doorstep. But at present, shall we look into the topic of five basic elements in human body?
A simple understanding of the universe and you will know that every “thing” in nature is composed of these five basic elements – earth, space, water, fire and air. Knowledge on these five elements can make you not only healthier, but wiser and lead the way to happiness.
Now let us look into these elements in connection with the human body –
• Earth is formed for solid structures such as tissues, hair, flesh, skin and bones.
• Water is important for transportation of minerals and important constituents to all parts of the body in the form of blood. Also, you know that our body constitutes 70 to 80 percentage of water. In other words, the best instances of water in our body are sweat, saliva, and urine.
• Fire is involved more in feelings such as sleep, thirst and hunger.
• For physical action, you need air and that includes contraction, expansion as well suppression.
• Space (called as the mother of all elements) is also required for feelings such as attraction, repulsion. The best example is fear and love.
All these elements should stay in tandem with one another for a healthy body. If an element becomes unbalanced, then we suffer from various health issues ranging from simple ailments such as cold, fever to major complex problems like liver failure and heart surgery.
Now let us look into the ways these elements can help us in our daily life.
• Every one of these elements shares a healthy or fatal relationship with the others, depending on their nature. Do you know that these very relationships form very basic laws of nature?
• Some elements are staunch enemies that they will entirely destroy the other. Take the example of fire with water. Water can completely wipe out fire, and if a chance is given, fire can completely change the water composition to vapor or air. To co-exist they are to be separated.
• There are also the cases, in which elements can support each other. The best example is earth and water. Water can fill in any shape of the earth.
• Another best example is that of fire and air. Air can help fire burn longer, whereas fire in its case will allow a solid or water component to be changed into air or vapor.
• More examples – water as well air can exist together (soda water is air and water, right?). However, if chances are given, then they can separate.
Now let us look into how these elements form the basic parts of our life –
|Name of Energy||Function||Elements||Function|
|Vata||Kinetic energy||Air + space||Motion|
|Pitta||Thermal energy||Fire||Temperature control|
|Kapha||Potential energy||Earth + Water||Nutrition (strength)|
To explain the table, kinetic energy is needed for our daily activities such as doing the household work. Pitta is the energy by which the food partaken is changed to energy for life. Kapha is the potential energy that exists within the human body.
These energies are present in various portions in living beings. As stated above, when these energies exist in perfect co-ordination with each other, you call it as health, harmony, wellness etc. When the equilibrium imbalance occurs, you call them as disease.
You can balance these energies and live a healthy happy life by diet, medicine, exercise or change in behavior. In this article, let us look into the alternative methods of healing that can be used to balance the elements.
One of the fundamental principles of yoga is to understand the five elements and do asanas every day which can make these five always remain in balance. One of the best practiced forms in yoga is the Pranayama, or usage of air to maintain the balance. The practice removes the blocks in our body, thus making us realize our great potential.
The five basic elements, earth, air, fire, water, space and their combinations leading to vata, pitta, dosha are considered the foundation concepts in Ayurveda. However, Ayurveda treats everyone as an individual and treatment should also be customized as per the requirement. This medicine treatment always emphasizes to find out the root cause of any disease, taking into account the history of a person. More than the treatment, it always stresses on a disciplined way of life similar to yoga. To be cured, the patient is prescribed diet, exercise and healing body treatments.
The gestures are believed to have emotional, physical, spiritual benefits and balance the five elements in the body. Mudras can be best classified as symbolic hand gestures and they are also used in dance and yoga. We are referring only mudras which can be done with the hand to restore the balance in elements. Although it is told, mudras can be practiced while standing, walking or even talking, experts opine that to get the maximum benefit, it is advisable to sit in a relaxed position. Some of the basic mudras you can make use of to maintain good health are the Chin Mudra, Prithvi Mudra, Prana Mudra, Surya Mudra, VarunaMudra and Yoga Mudra.
Are you surprised that aromatherapy can be used to balance the elements in your body? Kindly note certain fragrances can instil positive, relaxation thoughts in your sub-conscious mind which can give rise to healing benefits. Since ancient ages, holistic healers have been using aromas from flowers and herbs to maintain the balance between the five elements.
Just as you nourish body from the food you consume, you can also enhance the healing power of the mind by choosing aromatherapy healing.
The Vatadosha can be pacified with smells ranging from sour, sweet, fruity, floral and warm. You can find the corresponding sort in the list given below
In case you have the vatadosha, you can cure your body of these problems such as backache, insomnia, cramps, anxiety, restlessness and heart palpitations.
You can pacify this dosha either with a cooling & sweet fragrance. It can be found in the following list below –
When your mind is relaxed and the pitta gets pacified, you will be relieved from diseases such as ulcers, inflammatory bowel problems, anger, impatience and anger.
The last dosha can be cured by stimulating as well spicy fragrances. They can found in the list given below
The aroma received from these fragrances can help in retention of fluids, fat, food as well relationships.
When Mother Nature has given so much, it is left to us to make the best use of her resources and always stay happy and healthy.
Two decades ago, people used to go to gyms and yoga classes for maintaining fitness. But at present, they are finding difficulty to even find time to attend classes. However, able assistance has been provided in the form of reputed companies which offer doorstep fitness instructor services. Also provided are beauty services and physiotherapy treatments. If you are interested in health and want to exercise at home, search in your mobile for the home based companies which offer similar kinds of services.